Who We Are:
Pathway Healthcare, LLC is a rapidly growing, multi-state healthcare company that provides evidence-based medical and behavioral treatment to patients suffering from opioid dependency and other substance use disorders.
What We Do:
At Pathway Healthcare, our mission is simple: We Help People. We help people by increasing access to care and removing any stigma associated with addiction and mental health. Our treatments improve our patient’s life function and are consistent with other chronic diseases. We provide structure, encouragement and celebrate our patient’s success.
Qualified individuals will have:
Current AL MD license in good standing
Experience in OBOT (Office Based Opioid Treatment) or community health preferred.
Current DEA X number
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Part-Time & Full-Time available
Positions Available In:
The Behavioral Health Counselor’s role is to provide best in class behavioral therapies to patients with a wide range of mental health conditions and substance use disorders using proven treatment modalities including but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and Stages of Change Therapy. Pathway Healthcare’s model for treating addiction diseases includes and is equally dependent on Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) and behavioral health counseling and treatment. The Behavioral Health Counselor is critical to Pathway’s mission To Help People.
- By focusing on own behaviors and providing appropriate suggestions, contribute to building and maintaining a culture that supports Pathway’s mission, WE HELP PEOPLE.
- Build and maintain knowledge related to the growing and evolving evidenced based treatment practices in addiction counseling.
- Provide outpatient counseling services to individuals, couples, families, groups, as well as part of an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) setting.
- Prior to each session, review the patient’s electronic medical record to be aware of any needs, changes in treatment plan, medication, or care since last visit.
- Create a comfortable, relaxed, trusting environment to encourage patients to speak openly about their emotions and perspectives.
- Complete clinical assessments on each new and existing patient as necessary, using validated assessment tools and collaborate with the patient to determine the most appropriate behavioral health treatment plan.
- Provide patients with empathetic and compassionate behavioral health care in the office setting and/or via TeleHealth.
- After each session, record pertinent patient information into the patient’s electronic medical record, to include progress note, diagnosis, clinical opinions, as updated treatment plan, if needed.
- Complete administrative tasks to ensure the continuous flow of pertinent patient information to and from other treating providers.
- The person in this role will need to complete a minimum of 25 Patient Facing Hours each week.
- Office hours will be 8am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Each Behavioral Health Counselor, to provide the highest level of behavioral health treatment available to patients, and to meet each state’s licensure requirements must possess the following credentials and be in good standing:
- LPC, MHSP
Each Behavioral Health Counselor must have obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Work or another clinical counseling clinical field and be independently licensed in the state they are working.
Positions Available In:
All locations except Jackson, TN.